introduction to group limit
Group limits are limit rules that apply across multiple items. You can categorize your items based on conditions determined by their Shopify attributes. You can then define limitations for each category through the settings page:
Each limit requirement is a unique case, and only you can tell which specific group-by condition would be the most convenient in your case. Our application provides you with a flexible and easy way to define such conditions. Here are a few examples of them:
- Grouping products based on their belonging to a collection or multiple collections:
- Grouping items based on a common keyword in the product's handle, title, description, variant title, or say SKU:
- Grouping by a list of values:
- Grouping by product's type, tags, or item's vendor:
- You can also use negative group-by conditions, as displayed above. This limit would be applied to the entire shopping cart, excluding Gift Cards.
- You also can use group limits to create limitations for the current customer tag. This limitation only works when customers are required to be logged in before placing an order. If customers are not logged in while on the checkout page, these limitations won’t function.
- If you switch the group-by selector to "Condition Set", it would be possible to define composite conditions too:
Tips & Tricks
Please don't forget to enter a meaningful group limit's "Title", the short group description displayed to the customers within each notification message. The title can be either a piece of plain text or properly formatted HTML. For instance, the following title:
would be turned into this message should its corresponding limitation is unmet:
- 1. Within each group limitation message, there is a common part common for all related cases and a variable part "title" specific for that group only. The message templates can be edited through the "Messages" settings section.
- 2 At present, MinMaxify supports 5 different per-group limiting options: Min Quantity, Max Quantity, Multiple (Pack Size, example: soda 6-packs), Min Amount, and Max Amount.
3..Most of these options are hidden by default, but they can appear when you click on "more options" at the lower right corner of each group limit.
4. Please note the "Individually apply limits to each matched cart line" checkbox at the bottom left corner. When turned on, all the limits defined are applied to each product in the shopping cart individually, instead of having the minimum or maximum applied to their total quantity.
5. Defining a minimum for any group doesn't make any matched products mandatory. If these products are not added to the shopping cart, the limit wouldn't be triggered.
6. All the group limits, except the ones with "Individually apply limits to each matched cart line" turned on, are independently applied to the shopping cart. If a product falls under more than one group-by condition, all of the group limit messages associated with it would be displayed
7. When "Individually apply limits to each matched cart line" is on, only the first group minimum/maximum set is applied to that cart item.
We hope this has been of assistance. If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.